My favorite character from Adventure Time will be today's Workout Cosplay character.
Marceline: The Vampire Queen!
Adventure Time is such a zany show, and Marceline is my FAVORITE character (followed very
closely by Lumpy Space Princess
). She also voiced by Olivia Olsen, whom you may remember from Love Actually (one of my favorite Christmas movies) as the little girl who sings "All I Want for Christmas (Is You)." Also. Marceline sings and has an alto voice...so for me, her little songs and ditties in AT are songs I can actually
sing a-long to!
Also...that AX! Like...litteral, ax+bass= the most awesome of animated guitars since...IDK what! Seriously...Marceline...you are my vampire queen!! And since we're talking about the ax, here's your playlist!
I decided that if Marceline particiated in a team sport (I've only seen seasons 1 and 2...lemme know if she's played anything else) it would be a something, fun, but would allow for mischief, and some aggression.
And of course, something you could play air-bass and air-guitar with (**raises hand** I'm so
guilty of this)!
Enter, Field Hockey Marceline cosplay!
1). Under Armour Red Sonic Print Shir
t- This shirt boasts the ability to beat the heat from this springs beating sun--you know, something vampires like to avoid--and has the ability wick away sweat and fight, well, odor. Also I think the print is really flashy!
2). Marceline Necklace
- While I don't often workout with jewelry the only thing I can really ever handle is a necklace (I even had a "lucky" necklace I hid in my suit for water polo sometimes). And This neckalce is too adorable not
3). Basic Blue Team skirt
- While field hockey does allow for shorts (I mean, this IS the 21st century eh?) I chose the skirt for this as when I managed, our team had this universally flattering A-line kilt for the uniform and we had ladies of ALL sizes, and all the girls looked FANTASTIC...and well, I wanted to join the team so I could get one of these skirts...but I was too late.
4). Nike Compression Shorts
- And while I like the skirt, I do like to rock that late-80s/early-90s look whenever
possible and these fun shorts would be great to layer under the skirt, and
would bring in the signature grey of Marceline!
5). Nike Storage Band
- I think I'm in love with this thing, so don't be surprised if you see it again! This thing is pocket that you can wear around your wrist like a sweatband. It can hold keys, chapstick, a small snack...or if you're on an all red diet, you can sip at the red dye! ;)
6). Brine Vintage Field Hockey Stick
- Like Marceline's sweet ax, this beautiful red hockey stick is going to slay the opposition, and totally
provide some fun pretend air bass/guitar playing (don't judge me).
7). Adidas Women's adiZero Cleats
- Playing on a field you could be prone to some serious slipping and sliding on the grass, so cleats are completely necessary in games such as Proper Football
and Field Hockey. This pair seemed like a really cool fit!
8). CranBerry Glitter Practice Ball
- to practice for this sport a ball is required. And this one is super cute and sparkly! You know, adding a little glam to the ultra rockin' Marceline!
9). Shock Doctor Mouth-guard
- Marceline would need to protect those fangs, and you should protect your chompers as well! With sticks and a hard-as-a-puck ball flying around the field, a mouth-guard is a necessary piece of equipment. But this guard is the coolest since it's flavored as Fruit Punch--the quintessential "red" flavor!
And (since I'm in a Field Hockey mood) some fundamental drill sets for this sport.
That's this week's workout cosplay PLEASE be sure to check out the Ice King cosplay debuting today on PonyChops