Legend says Joie (sounds like "Joy"...but with an "Oi!" in it) is a California girl who has migrated to the East Coast due to Grown-Upping. A born and raised geeky rebel, hailing from San Diego, she is still waiting for her mutant powers to manifest...or, for her midichlorian-to-cell count, to rise above threshold...or, for a bloke in a blue box to tell her to: "Run!" She's a lover of books, sociology, punk music, comics/manga, cartoons, sic-fi, anime, and pop-culture in general! She and her Husband (The Tenor) both love behavioral sciences, and love to see how pop-culture both influences, and, imitates society!
Confession of a Book Pimp chronicles her goal to be healthy for life, especially in regards to exercising. One of the ways Joie seeks to inspiration is by having fun with character-inspired, workout playlists, and, Workout Cosplays!
She also will be doing book reviews, life posts, Fandom Fridays, and sharing any geeky exploits!
Here are some favorite posts:
- Workout Cosplays (some faves listed below)
- Adventure Time's Finn x Fionna
- Frozen's Anna & Elsa
- DC's Green Arrow/Arrow
- Marvel's Wolverine
- Orphan Black's Alison Hendrix
- Boxing withe The Powerpuff Girls
- Field Hockey with Marceline the Vampire Queen
- Snowboading with MLP: Frienship is Magic's DJ-Pon3
- Harley Quinn and the Joker
- Supernatural (inspired by the show itself)
- My Adventure Time inspired guest post on Pony Chops featuring the Ice King here!
- Christmas Specials Countdowns
- Fandom Fridays
- My Blog as a Mix Tape (the post that started it all)
Check me out on these social media platforms:
Thank you for checking my blog out! I'm excited about this and hope you have fun reading!